HTML 101: How to Create Web Pages With HTML — Episode Five
Links make the Web go round, and images add the visual flair your web site needs to be eye-catching. So you need to know how to quickly and easily add both to any web page.
In this video you’ll learn:
- All about URLs
- How to format links
- The difference between absolute and relative links
- How to add images to a web page
- How to make an image into a hyperlink
Flash video: 9:00 in duration
Supercharge your blog’s earnings with Text Link Ads
- Low cost, reliable web hosting with free website creation tools and blog software.
- Download Notepad++, the best FREE text editor on the Web.
- Quickly and easily build HTML, CSS and XML pages with Macromedia Dreamweaver.
It is kind of you to share a learning tool like this for all to see. Thank you very much. I am learning!
I just have one question regarding this particular vid. When it comes to putting up hyperlink images, I tried doing the same for .JPEG images but it doesn’t show the picture. It does work with . GIF though. Why is that? Or does this only work with .GIF files?
Again, Thank you so much!
Wow, I must say that you are a GREAT TEACHER!! I really like the care you take to go step by step. I really feel I am learning and understanding a lot, and just wanted to thank you.
Jonas, use .jpg not .jpeg and watch your capitalization. If you name a graphic .gif or .jpg and try to put .GIF or .JPG, the image won’t show up.
Fernando, thanks. I actually taught classes for over 3 years, so I have lots of hard knocks, on the job training.
The tube torial doesn’t work any more, i been trying this from last night and still now blank screen.
Please check your system and let me know via-email.