As content creators, we all know the amount of work that goes into crafting high-quality content for our readers.
Aside from brainstorming, drafting, writing, editing, and optimizing (whew!), we also need to find creative ways to promote the content.
While many content creators are still caught up in the cycle of churning out new content (most of which won’t be read), some have found a smarter but lesser known way to get their content in front of new audiences.
Republishing content to other channels like LinkedIn or Medium is a great way to increase your brand awareness and reach. However, it takes time and effort to do it yourself.
This reason is why you need a reliable tool that will help you promote your content in just a few clicks.
And that tool is StoryChief.
So, what is StoryChief?
StoryChief is a content marketing software that helps you “get more traction for less work.”
What it means it this:
Instead of republishing your content on different channels yourself (which takes hours), StoryChief expedites the process by republishing your blog across multiple platforms in seconds!
Content republishing operates under content marketing. The idea of spreading your content across all channels take time and effort. It won’t be wise to burden yourself with all these tasks especially if you can get help from agencies like Trafficora for your content needs.
However, if you’re the kind of person who wants to manages everything, then StoryChief is perfect for you!
It provides you with an avenue to reach a wider audience without the backbreaking work.
Ready to take StoryChief for a spin? Then let’s start with the basics.
Setting up your Channels
Already created your StoryChief account? Here’s how you can set up your channels in 5 easy steps!
- Set up your StoryChief blog. Having a StoryChief blog gives you a new platform to promote your content. If you already have a personal website on a different CMS (WordPress), connect it so you can manage its content straight from StoryChief.
- Connect your StoryChief account to your web 2.0 and social networking accounts. Web 2.0 properties like Medium are great for attracting new audiences so you definitely want your content on these sites. Same goes for social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Create your Ambassadors and Press lists with StoryChief’s unique referral marketing feature. StoryChief automatically notifies your ambassadors (loyal customers, employees, influencers) and the press as soon you publish new content. It helps you keep those who are likely to share your content in the loop.
- Connect your StoryChief account to your existing email marketing account. If you have a MailChimp, Campaign Monitor or Active Campaign account, you can easily create newsletters using your StoryChief account.
- Set up Facebook Instant Articles and Google AMP. Republishing content to Facebook Instant Articles and Google AMP gives your audience a faster and more streamlined reading experience on mobile.
Once you’ve set up your channels, it’s time to write and publish your content.
So, let’s say you just finished writing an article and you need to start promoting it ASAP. Here’s how you can use StoryChief to get the job done.
- Copy and paste your article in the StoryChief editor. To add formatting to the article, just highlight the text to activate the format bar. You can also add comments to the text if you’re using StoryChief to collaborate with members of your team.
- Add media elements to your post. Make your content more engaging by inserting images, videos, rich media, and even a lead capturing form into your post. Just hit enter and a small bar with all your options should appear..
- Write the summary and customize the post’s SEO settings. In the Summary section, make sure to add a cover image for your post to make it visually engaging. Depending on your strategy, you can write an excerpt for your social media account, a meta description for SERPs or both. Don’t forget to include the keyword in the SEO URL.
- Configure your channels. In the Audience section, you can set up the different channels where you want your post published. If you already have your own website, make sure to set that as your primary website for the canonical link. Choose the channels (content hubs, social networks, referral marketing, email marketing, mobile) where you want your content published and promoted. The great thing about using StoryChief is that you don’t have to worry about any risk of publishing duplicate content because the canonical link is already attached to your primary website.
- Hit the publish button. Sit back and wait for StoryChief to publish your content to channels that you chose.
StoryChief is a great tool for content creators looking for a fast and easy way to get their content out there. It has just enough features to help you market your content without the unnecessary hassle of manually doing it. Plus, navigating the tool is simple enough that anyone can quickly get the hang of it.
Paid plans start at $25.00/month (paid annually) but there’s a free plan if you want to give it a try.