Businesses are keen to find the best phone service to manage their customer calls efficiently. They want business phone services that they can link with their WordPress site.
Your WordPress website should have your business’s mobile or landline phone number that you use to receive your customers’ calls. That phone number should look professional and allow you to communicate effectively. Thus the phone service enables companies to grow their businesses by building better customer relations over the phone.
This article will tell you about the best phone services for your WordPress site.
Why Do You Need Business Phone Services?
Your WordPress site must have a proper business phone service because of the following reasons:
- The majority of business phone Services have call recording, call forwarding, call waiting, caller ID, inbound call routing, etc.
- It enables your business to easily track call duration, wait times, hold times, and overall usage.
- Provides you with a mobile cell phone, cordless phone, desk phone system, or computer to make or receive calls.
- You don’t need an IT technician to add a new employee.
- It has an auto-attendant feature that allows the company to simultaneously use the same business phone number among several users. The call can be routed to the available representative at any given time.
- Business phone systems use VoIP systems to transmit voice. Users can therefore take toll-free or local numbers anywhere as long as there is a high-speed internet connection.
Top Business Phone Services for a WordPress Powdered Site
The cloud-based phone service improves interactions by replacing older equipment with virtual PBX. The business phone platform has an impressive portfolio with more than 80 enterprise-class features for small businesses.
The basic plan has key features for unified communications. Businesses can take advantage of calling features such as auto attendants, find me/follow me, call queues, unlimited calls, voicemail to audio email, unlimited extensions, automatic call attendance, ring groups, etc. Traditional landline phone networks don’t offer such core calling features. Also, higher plans provide real-time analytics, which helps businesses make vital data-driven decisions.
The phone service can be deployed in a few minutes because the provider gives a user guide. Its help center offers support when creating an account, signing into the account, setting preferences within the account, and setting up your phone and apps.
Other key features include;
- CRM integrations and other integration with Google Workspace, Microsoft Outlook, Zoho, Salesforce, Slack, Zendesk, etc.
- HD video conferencing with customers and team members.
- 100+ cloud VoIP features like unlimited call ques, cloud branch exchange, advanced dial-pad editor, advanced ring groups, wait time announcement for eFax, paging system, call centers, etc.
- The phone service platform offers a 99.9% uptime.
- 24/7 live monitoring of issues like open port testing, data packet loss, and available bandwidth information.
The basic plan starts at $22 per user per month billed annually and provides video conferencing for four participants. The standard plan charges $26, and the premium plan charges $39 per user per month.
The platform offers virtual phone numbers through VOIP to solopreneurs and small businesses. The virtual number can forward calls to a mobile device or phone number. However, you need a regular phone line to make outgoing calls.
The business phone service offers features such as:
- Intuitive web and mobile apps for managing your phone service and account.
- Multiple extensions for local, toll-free, or vanity phone numbers.
- Offers Canada, US, and UK-based local and toll-free numbers.
- Standard features like call routing, forwarding, waiting, voicemail to email transcripts, call hold music, etc.
- Allows extensions for remote teams using mobile or desktop apps.
- 9% uptime.
The solo plan starts at $26 per month, the partner plan at $44, and the small business plan is $80, billed annually.
The business phone service is easy to use and has many features, reasonable pricing, and a quick setup. Small business owners can easily manage a unified communications platform with the help of the simple web-based admin panel.
The VoIP phone service from Nextiva includes:
- Unlimited free domestic calling
- Advanced call routing
- Online faxing
- Voicemail to text and email
- Text messages and much more.
Further, businesses get free number porting, toll-free and local numbers, and standard call management like call forwarding, caller ID, custom greetings, routing, advanced system, etc.
The phone platform has other powerful features such as online analytics, online surveys, live chat, CRM, etc. It has an excellent phone call quality, 99.9% uptime, and helpful customer service representatives. The starting price is $18.95 for the Essential plan for each user every month. However, the price reduces as you add users. The professional plan charges $22.95, Enterprise $32.95, Ultimate $57.95
The business phone platform is rich in features and popular among small businesses, although companies of all sizes can use it. It includes all business calls functionality such as Caller ID, call forwarding, call waiting, call transfer, unlimited calling, visual voicemail, SMS messaging, sharing a line with multiple users and mobile devices, etc.
Aside from the calls feature, the phone platform has other powerful features that include:
- Video meetings with screen sharing
- Team messaging
- 1000 toll-free minutes
- Integrations with Dropbox, Microsoft, Gsuite, and other services
- Intuitive cloud-based administration
- 9% uptime
- Live reporting
- Carrier-grade data centers that have failover redundancy
RingCentral has several plans with different features and pricing. Businesses are charged $19.99 for each user per month when choosing the Essential plan. This is billed annually and can add not more than 10 users. The standard plan goes for $27.99, Premium for $34.99, and Ultimate for 49.99
Further, you can get your business a vanity number when you pay an extra fee. This gives you a catchy and memorable number.
The basic business VOIP phone provider is popular among small businesses because it offers 1-800 too-free numbers at reasonable prices. The platform automatically selects the toll-free phone numbers, but you can also choose a new one for your business.
Some of the powerful features that Ooma offers you are
- Phone standard features music on hold, extension dialing, call, logs, virtual receptionist, smart mobile phone apps, etc.
- It offers a control panel to manage calls, add users, etc.
- Virtual extensions and virtual fax in advanced plans.
- 9% uptime.
- Extension and traffic monitoring.
The Ooma Office plan starts at $19.95 per user per month, while Ooma Office Pro is $24.95 per user per month.
Essential Features That Business Phones Services Must Provide
Reputable business VoIP systems providers know that companies are keen on getting reliable features. As a result, most business owners pick the essential plans to test these features before upgrading to a full package because that is billed annually. Some advanced add-on features are promoted and sold individually with or without a plan. They’re designed to provide unique, valuable insights that businesses across all industries need.
The following are important features you should look for when shopping for business phone services.
Custom Greetings and Premium Hold Music: The royalty-free hold music and custom greeting entertains your callers before their call is transferred. It gives them a better impression about your company rather than keeping them waiting in silence or listening to sterile elevator music.
Call Analytics: The call center analytics serve the same purpose as the social media reports and web analytics. They all provide a wealth of knowledge to help a business owner optimize the performance of call logs and conference calls.
HD Video Conferencing: This supports high-quality web conferencing direct from the platform instead of using third-party video platforms such as GoToMeeting or Skype. These capabilities support remote teams and simplify their internal operations.
Integrations: The feature connects your business with other tools, enabling the customer service team to streamline their processes, connect with the existing customer base, and much more. There are various commonly used apps that these phone providers offer to sync seamlessly with the phone system. These include CRM, call tracking, live chat, etc.
Call Recording: Users can automatically record inbound and outbound calls or based on demand, enabling stronger call monitoring and much more. You can pause recording between conversations and start when sensitive information is being discussed.
Local, Toll-Free, and Vanity Business Phone Numbers: A good VoIP phone service provider offers free access to toll-free, local, and virtual numbers as well as extensions. It also comes with a caller ID.
Voicemail to Text and Voicemail Transcription: Listening to voicemail messages can be tiring, and hard to prioritize the calls without first listening to them. The voicemail to text feature provides you with a written transcription of these messages. On the other hand, the voice-to-email feature sends lengthy voicemail messages to your email address as an attached MP3 voicemail recording or text voicemail transcription.
Mobile Application/Softphone: Each VoIP phone system should have a corresponding mobile application for different operating systems and devices. VoIP softphones help you to receive calls on a desktop computer.